Malacanang said on Sunday that it is now up to Vice President Leni Robredo to convince the public whether the so-called ‘Lenileaks’ are true or not.Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag made this comment after Robredo assured that she has nothing to do with a move to oust President Rodrigo Duterte.

“We will respect whatever the Vice President would claim and it’s up to her if there are photos or emails or leaks that came out” Banaag said in an interview with state-run Radyo ng Bayan.

“Then it’s up for her to convince the public if it is true that she has nothing to do or she is not coordinating with other groups in the US or other personalities in the Philippines about that,” she added.

Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said the Palace is taking the matter seriously but would not make judgments until the information contained in the emails are validated.

“It has really become a national issue. I said even before it becomes a national issue, as one of the president’s men, I am concerned about this. I need to know about the veracity of the reports,” Andanar told radio station dzBB Sunday.

Andanar said National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr. is also concerned about the alleged emails and is ready to have them investigated.CLICK THE VIDEO BELOW

“I said ‘Secretary Jun (Esperon), it is already viral. It can go two ways. Either they are full of truths or full of lies. I have to pass the documents so he can look at it,” he said.

“Secretary Esperon said he is also worried but we in the government are not in the business of jumping into conclusion without investigating.”

When asked if Robredo was part of the email conversations, Andanar replied: “I don’t think so. I did not see anything there indicating that she was part of it. Allegedly, her staff (was part of the conversation) but we don’t want to say that for now.”

The hashtag “#lenileaks” has been trending on social media particularly on Twitter, alleging that the Office of the Vice President is part of a well-orchestrated, well-funded strategy to discredit President Duterte as well as losing vice presidential candidate Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos.

Marcos is contesting his only more than 200,000 votes lost to Robredo in the last May 2016 vice presidential race.

Banaag said the demands of the groups asking for President Duterte to resign would not likely to happen considering the President is working hard to improve the lives of the more than 100 million Filipinos.

“The President has strong support from our countrymen,” Banaag said.

Last week, the Pulse Asia came with a survey showing President Duterte enjoying an 83 percent approval and trust rating.

Banaag said she is not sure whether there is a need to investigate the ‘Lenileaks’. (PNA)